Frequently Asked Questions
Fully completed Application Form.
- Company Registration Certificate (CK)
- ID’s of Directors and Signatories
- Proof of Business Address
- Personal Proof of Address for both Signatories and Surety’s
Bank Statements (both personal and business)
A Business Plan is required for retail / shop tenant applications.
- The application process can take anywhere between two (2) hours and one (1) full working day from submission of all required documents, subject to a fully completed application and creditworthiness being confirmed.
- This may take longer during peak leasing periods.
- Commercial Leases are generally 3-5 years. This lease term is subject to negotiation.
- Deposits are usually equal to a single (1) months rental. Deposits required are also influenced by the Application form submitted, surety details, credit worthiness and an internal credit assessment.
- Escalation is the rate at which the tenant’s rental will increase by annually.
- Tenants are responsible for their utilities (consumption charges), which include:
- Electricity, water, refuse, sewerage, and CID levies
- VAT is charged at the prevailing rate of 15% of the base rental.
- Only applicable to shops, B/O (Beneficial Occupation) is a rent-free period before the commencement date of the lease which allows the tenant to Fit-Out the premises ready for Occupation before the lease start date.
- Common Areas in any building includes the entrance lobby’s / receptions, lift lobby’s, shared passages, toilets and that are common to the whole building and charged to the tenant as a pro-rata percentage share.
- Yes, OPH are flexible in this regard and are willing to assist in providing you with additional space within the building or the nearby vicinity.
- OPH will only accommodate this request if the account for rental payments are up to date and is subject to approval.
- Cleaning services are provided, free of charge, to the common areas within the building.
- It is the responsibility of the tenant to ensure cleaning inside their office or shop space.
- Tenants may install internal signage subject to prior written approval by OPH.
- Under no circumstances may external signage be installed unless prior written approval has been provided by OPH.
- Should signage be installed without prior written approval, you will be required to remove the signage if it does not conform to OPH signage policy.
- Parking is not included as part of the rental of your premises.
- Parking is available, however, at an additional monthly charge.
- Parking can be provided for within the occupied building or within the nearby vicinity.
- Please download the Parking Application Form if you so wish to apply for a parking bay.